Stellenausschreibung: Gastprofessur am Institut für Geographie und Regionalforschung der Universität Wien
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 179 fields of study, approx. 10.000 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.03.2022 of a Visiting Professor at the Department of Geography and Regional Research to 31.08.2022.
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. As a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes, the University of Vienna is committed to basic research open to application and research-led teaching, as well as to career development of young researchers and to the dialogue with economy and society. That way, the University of Vienna contributes to the education of future generations and to the society's ability to innovate. Become part of this vibrant and future-oriented organisation.
We invite senior scientists with a strong background in both research and teaching in the fields of spatial research and spatial planning to apply for this visiting professorship (§99/1 University Law).
Duration of employment: 6 month/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: Univ Prof. (KV) Gastprof. with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
The successful candidate is expected to make major contributions to research and teaching in the fields of spatial research and spatial planning (including teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement / in both German and English / supervision of students).
- Doctoral degree/PhD and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- Habilitation (venia docendi) in a subject field relevant to this position or an internationally accepted equivalent qualification is desirable
- Excellent achievements in research, strong publication record, high international reputation
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities as well as the ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promote young academic colleagues
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- List of publications, talks given, acquired third-party funds
- Overview of previous academic teaching
- Copies of certificates
- Main research field: Human Geography, Regional Geography, Regional Planning
- Special research fields: Spatial research;Spatial structure
- Importance: MUST
- Languages: German and English
- Language level for both: Very good knowledge
- Importance for both: MUST
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 25.10.2021, mentioning reference number 12356.
For further information please contact Trippl, Michaela +43-1-4277-48720.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.