Stellenausschreibung: PreDoc Scientist, University Klagenfurt
PreDoc Scientist (f/m) (in German: Universitätsassistent/in) at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, Institute of Applied Informatics, Research Group Adaptive and Networked Production Systems (temporary contract for 4 years, scheme Uni-KV B1. The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to € 2,794.60 (14 x per year) und can increase according to collective agreements regarding allowance for professional experience specific to the position. The expected starting date of the position is as soon as possible.
The tasks and responsibilities of the position include:
- Participation in research and teaching activities of the Research Group Adaptive and Networked Production Systems
- Independent research with the goal of Doctoral Promotion within the period of appointment
- Dedicated collaboration in administrative and organizational tasks of the department
- Project collaboration with academic and industrial partners of the research group
- Participation in public relations activities of the department and faculty
The Research Group Adaptive and Networked Production Systems performs research and teaching on innovative methods and applications of Artificial Intelligence in the context of Industry 4.0. A particular focus is laid on the development and advancement of declarative problem solving methods enabling highly flexible planning and control of complex operational tasks arising in industrial and social environments. Primary research activities concern the conception and implementation of dynamic, interactive and real-time optimization methods, improving the automation and efficiency of production processes, supply chains and personnel management. The Department of Applied Informatics is linked to international partners in science and industry and provides excellent collaboration opportunities.
- Completed Master¡¦s or Diploma studies with substantial focus on Informatics (e.g., in Informatics, Business Information Systems, Information Management or Data Science) at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- Fluency in spoken and written English
The position aims at the advanced professional and scientific training of graduates of a Master’s or Diploma degree programme with the goal of Doctoral Promotion in Applied Informatics. Applicants with a completed Doctorate or Ph.D. in a related discipline are therefore ineligible for the position.
General information for applicants can be found at: