Stellenausschreibung: University Assistant (PostDoc), TU Wien
University Assistant (PostDoc)
25 hours/week, for 2 years
TU Wien is Austria's largest research and educational institution in the fields of technology and natural sciences. More than 4,000 scientists in eight faculties conduct research on "Technology for People" in five main research areas. The content of the offered studies is based on this excellent research. The more than 27,000 students in the 55 studies offered benefit from this. As a driver of innovation, TU Wien strengthens the business location, enables cooperation and contributes to the prosperity of society.
The Institute of Materials Science and Technology at TU Wien is offering a position as university assistant (Post-doc) for 2 years for 25 hours/week. Expected start: June 2021.
- Implementation of project tasks, project management and reporting, including financial
- Independent teaching or participation in teaching and supervision of students
- In-depth interest in scientific problems and the motivation for independent and goal-oriented research, preparation of research funding applications
- Development of new methods, concepts, as well as their practical realization and evaluation
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks of the research division / faculty
- PhD and practical experience in the fields of laser physics, applied physics or non-linear optics
- In-depth knowledge of the subject area and substantial postdoc experience, along with adequate publication record, PostDoc experience abroad would be considered an advantage
- Practical experience in one or more of the following fields: laser-based material processing, design of optical systems, including lithography or fluorescence microscopy, mechanical design (e.g. AutoCAD, Solid Works), characterization of nonlinear material properties (e.g. via z-scan); Programming knowledge (C++, Pyhton, MatLab, LabView), will be considered a strong asset
- Track record in national and international research cooperation, grant writing, as well as in project management and presentations
- Student supervision and teaching experience
- Very good communicative skills and team competences;
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written, willingness to learn German
- Organisational and analytical skills as well as a structured way of working
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- Central location with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Entry level salary as a postdoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives for 25 hours/week, a minimum of currently EUR 2.466,19/month gross, 14 times/year. An increase of employment level from 25 hours/week to full-time position from third-party funds is a matter of additional agreement. The gross monthly salary for the full-time PostDoc position starts at around EUR 3.945,90. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
Applications until 15.04.2021.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
Carmen Keck | T: +43 1 588 01 406201
Here you can find also relevant information about the application process.