Gender Summit GS16 - Diversity and Gender in Science: Enhancing the Value of Research and Innovation
The Gender Summit is creating regional and global multi-stakeholder communities committed to enhancing scientific excellence by: removing gender bias from science knowledge making; advancing gender equality in science structures and practices; and applying understanding of gender issues to advance more sustainable and effective research and innovation.
The specific objectives are:
- Develop national, regional and global communities as agents of change
- Develop evidence-based consensus on the actions needed and the ways of implementing them in specific national or regional contexts
- Demonstrate positive effects of gender balance and gender diversity in research and innovation process
- Demonstrate how integrating gender dimension in research and innovation content improves quality of results and outcomes
- Promote gender aware solutions to societal problems, e.g. urban quality; human adaptation and climate change; food security; transport and mobility.
GS16 AP will be held in Singapore, 28–29 August 2019. It will take place at “Biopolis” (The Singapore international research and development centre for biomedical sciences).
The theme for GS16 will be Diversity and Gender in Science: Enhancing the Value of Research and Innovation
- Registration will open 1st March.
- Call for Abstracts is OPEN. More information is available on this page.
Further information will be added to the Gender Summit website: