The database is a service for all those who are looking for qualified female specialists. It supports the search for female experts for
- expert juries and expertises,
- speeches, seminars and discussions and
- mentoring and youth actions.
The database’s focus is on natural sciences and technology. Among about 100 represented fields of expertise you also find female experts on law, social sciences and economics.
The FEMtech experts offer to pass on their expert knowledge and career experience.
Women who register as an expert
- visualise their competence,
- increase their chances of taking the next step in their career and
- can be voted „Expert of the Month“.
The FEMtech´s database of female experts is an initiative by the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) in cooperation with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Regions and Tourism (BMLRT) since July 2007. The database war developed by the Austrian Society for Environment and Technology (ÖGUT) in 2004 and since then it has been maintained by ÖGUT. The database has envolved to become the most comprehensive database of Austrian female experts.